Are you planning on doing lots of shopping this holiday season? Well, I’m here to deliver a few tips that are going to help you SAVE some major cash this year. Shopping…especially for others can be very exciting and with that we can go a little bit overboard. Use some of these tips to ensure that you are making wise spending decisions while still buying quality gifts for your family and friends this year.
- Try the Four-Gift rule! The concept is you only buy four gifts for someone on your list & they must include something they want, something they need, something to wear & something to read. It can help save money, time, & stress!
- Make a budget this holiday season. This is a no-brainer and we can’t mention this enough! Make a budget before you go shopping so that you know how much you are going to spend on each person. This can help you avoid the impulse buys such as the $1 section at Target…does anyone have trouble avoiding this section as much as I do…?
- If you are going Black Friday shopping compare ads! Nothing is worse than waking up at 4am for an item only to find out you could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else.
- This one is for all my online shoppers! Compare Black Friday sales to Cyber Monday ones! Most businesses will give you a preview of what the sales will look like and if they don’t just look back at previous years. (Tip: it’s usually a similar if not the exact same sale.) It may be in your best interest to choose one shopping day over the other.
- Shop with cash instead of credit cards! Two reasons: 1. You will know how much you have to spend and once that money runs out you know that you can’t spend anymore. 2. Holiday shopping can sometimes be a long process… one thing you don’t want to happen is see a cash only lane and realize you can’t use it because you only brought your credit card.
- Redeem credit card points.. now is the time! Credit Cards can offer great rewards such as cash back or gift cards. Look towards using these rewards as a way to pay for gifts!
In addition to these savings tips, check out Apprisen’s First Annual Make it Savings Season Silent Auction! The auction starts November 27th and ends December 2nd! Tell your friends, family, coworkers, religious organizations, sports teams, etc. This is a great way to find some awesome gifts for family & friends WHILE giving back! Giving back is the whole reason for the season, right? Check out our Facebook Event here for more information on the auction and RSVP if you are going to attend. https://www.facebook.com/events/1729025777393389/
Happy Holidays & Remember to shop smart! Comment and let us know what is your favorite savings tip when it comes to the holidays!